[Ambassadors] CLA in german

Mirjam Wäckerlin mirjam.waeckerlin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 09:55:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

I understand the legal problems translations would impose. Though, I
think the solution of Fabian is a great idea - to translate CLA by
professional translators and add one or two sentences like he did to
clarify that only the english original is legally binding.
I'd say that my english is of course not perfect, but for a non-native
speaker quite ok, but I found it rather exhausting to really
understand what I am actually signing. How hard must it be for other
people, and how may are signing CLA without knowing what they're
signing? We have to consider that some people may also give up on
joining the project because they don't want to sign something they
don't understand completely.

I think it's much more important to actually KNOW what you're signing,
while being aware that only the original english text is the basis of
the contract.

Of course, what Karsten propose would be the perfect solution for everyone.

The question is: Since we don't have the means to make the perfect
solution possible, Is there any chance that RedHat could support us in
this?
If there is no way to get this solution in a timely manner, I think
what Fabian did is the second best solution and we should continue
along his track.

Mirjam