[Ambassadors] Issue about Compiz

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Mon May 7 16:23:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 16:37 +0200, Bart De Soete wrote:
> Testing some multimedia-options here for future migrating of a small
> multimedia company from MS to our beloved Fedora and Linux in general.
> I had a question about Compiz, the XGL-desktop...
> Packages are installed and I've got effects like wobbling windows, but
> I can't find how I can display the cube while screen switching.

Do you mean that there is no cube at all? Under

System->Preferences->Desktop Effects

should be an option for having the desktops on a cube. And from then on
you can just use CTRL+ALT+<LEFT>/<RIGHT>.

And if you want to adjust the default settings, use gconf-editor:

/apps/compiz/plugins/rotate/allscreens/options/rotate_flip_left_edge

Cheers,
Matthias
--
Matthias Kranz