[Ambassadors] LinuxTag at Fachhochschule Salzburg

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu May 10 14:28:39 UTC 2007

On 05/10/2007 04:17 PM, Marek Mahut wrote:
[ ... ]
>> As one or the other knows, there was a LinuxTag in Salzburg/Austria at
>> the Fachhochschule
>> (http://www.fh-salzburg.ac.at/News_Detail.82.0.html?&no_cache=1&L=%3F%3F%3F%3F&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=938&tx_ttnews[backPid]=58).
>
> Keine news_id übergeben. :(

Yes. The article is lost... Dunno why.

[ ... ]

>> OpenSuSE Xen Workshop
>> =====================
>> They where in trouble.
[ ... ]

> It's a know bug, fedora was touched too. It should be fixed in updates.

Yes, there where problems with X/Xen. I know; But I'm not 100% sure if
it was the same problem. You have a bz#?

>> User question: YaST is free, cannot Fedora also use it?
[ ... ]
> It's mostly question of Desktop Manager I think. XFCE had something
> similar.

Only partially in XFCE... I cannot manage my xen guests for example. And
basic things are missing: system-config-date, system-config-soundcard,
etc. I'm sure Gnome/KDE have better 'control panel'. :-)

[ ... ]

-of