[Ambassadors] LinuxTag at Fachhochschule Salzburg

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu May 10 15:55:42 UTC 2007

On 05/10/2007 05:02 PM, Marek Mahut wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 16:28 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
>>> It's a know bug, fedora was touched too. It should be fixed in updates.
>> Yes, there where problems with X/Xen. I know; But I'm not 100% sure if
>> it was the same problem. You have a bz#?
>
> For example Bugzilla Bug 238451: fbdev fails under xen.

That's different. The problem was, that dom0 was auto-starting initlevel
5 and as soon as X started: blank screen and nothing else happened.
Trying to switch to a virtual console (Alt-F1) didn't work either. Dead
machine. I didn't try to ping or ssh to the machine - but I guess it
oopsed :-)

Driver was Intel. Usually one of the pain-less...

However, something openSuSE team needs to fix.

-of