[Ambassadors] LinuxTag at Fachhochschule Salzburg

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Thu May 10 17:02:07 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2007 11:49 schrieb Oliver Falk:
> As one or the other knows, there was a LinuxTag in Salzburg/Austria at
> the Fachhochschule
> However. My experience/notes.
> It was my first (bigger) speach. I was quite enthusiastic, but also
> quite nervous, as you can guess. :-) I only received positive feedback
> yet, that's fine.

Austria is a good field for such speaches in the next weeks!
http://linuxwochen.at

> Dress code
> ==========
> I'm not sure if I will wear a suite next time. I actually felt a bit
> overdressed (you'll see on the pictures - I'll send a link as soon as I
> have one). On the other hand, I think I stated, that we are not geeky,
> freaky staff, making geeky, freaky stuff. :-)

This is one reason, why i prever a "Fedora Poloshirt" than a T-Shirt! But
maybe its also a question of age - for me as old man ;)

>    Fedora on the Desktop. If we want this, we need to get an idea of
> what users prefer, how they work.

I want - and i want push Desktop and DesktopIntegration - and i will do it !

> Presentations Group/Team
> ========================
> For short: The idea. A new group "Fedora Presentations Team".
> Creating short presentations with nice artwork translated to different
> languages. For Ambassadors it would be easier then to put together a
> bigger presentation - if needed. It would be also easier hold a speech
> about whatever people are interested (not the full-blown presentations).
> If you're fast, open another presentation, ... many options here....
> Behind the idea; Presentations team, would make sure, that presentations
> are kept up 2 date and translated. The team would be mostly made of
> Ambassadors I guess, but under a new hood, with separate m/l-list and so
> on. Ambassadors without interest in this part would be overwhelmed with
> another bulk of mails.
> Got it? :-)

this could be my idea - great!!!

> A hope you enjoy(ed) the report.

Thank you for the Report, this is a good example and should be done by more
Ambassadors!

Cheers JoergSimon
--

Jörg Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688