[Ambassadors] Important Reminders for LinuxTag (and other events)

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed May 23 14:58:27 UTC 2007

Ambassadors,

There are a large number of us who will be in Berlin next week for
LinuxTag.

A few reminders:

When we are there, please remember that when we are at the actual
LinuxTag event, at the hotel, or out at a bar, we are all
representatives of the Fedora Project.  We need to be well-mannered,
polite, respectful, etc.  All that obvious stuff.  People will remember
how you act, and remember what group you represented.

This is particularly important at the hotel -- there are somewhere
between 20 and 30 of us all staying at the same hotel.  We need to
remember that we're not the only people there -- not be too loud at
night, not get in the way of other guests, etc.

And now, the most important thing:

If you are going to "work the booth" at the event, ACTUALLY WORK THE
BOOTH.  If you want to go on your laptop and read email, that is fine,
but take yourself and your computer AWAY from the booth to do it.

I want our setup to look and be as professional as possible.  And that
means that we have a few people who are standing up, actively trying to
speak to people who are stopping by, and explaining to them what Fedora
is.  If the people at the booth are looking at their computers, it
doesn't seem very friendly.

I warn everyone in advance that I'm going to be a bit "mean" about
making sure that we present a very professional face.

Remember the key points about Fedora 7:

Fedora is an open platform for innovation.  Think about those 3 words:

OPEN -- the entire Fedora Process is now completely in the community

PLATFORM -- we provide a huge number of RPMs and a "suggested" ISO.  But
people can expand and build on what we provide however they want

INNOVATION -- Fedora is where we always push to do new things, and
include the newest free software technology

If you are a "Linux User"
 	* LiveCD is very useful to you, easy demonstration
 		* LiveUSB stick also
 	* Revisor is very useful to you, easy customization
 	* All the latest from upstream

If you are a "Linux Developer"
 	* The "open toolchain" of Koji, Pungi, and Revisor
 	* Build your own Fedora appliance exactly the same way that the
Fedora Project does
 	* Customization of the distro, including 3rd party RPMs, at
build time.

thanks,
Max

--