[Ambassadors] am ready to do the work

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Tue May 29 05:03:11 UTC 2007

Is this what you're after?

FUDCon during LinuxTag in Berlin Berne, 22 May 2007 -

"FUDCon" - The Fedora Users and Developers Conference, centered on the
activities of the Fedora Project, will be held during LinuxTag this
year. LinuxTag takes place from 30 May to 2 June on the fairground under
the radio tower in Berlin. After two FUDCons already this year, one in
Brussels during FOSDEM and one in Boston, this will be the third FUDCon
of 2007. A primary goal of the conference is an intensive exchange
between active members of the free Fedora Project, which has
considerable support. The FUDCon program covers Refurbishing ATA,
Clustered volume management, SELinux and other current topics. It will
also have a FAD (Fedora Ambassador Day), a forum for Fedora Ambassadors
from the EMEA area to meet.

On 31 May 2007, during FUDCon, there will be an installation party for
the latest version of Fedora, Fedora 7. This will be the first public
unveiling of Fedora 7 in Europe as the release date of Fedora 7
coincides with LinuxTag. In contrast with past meetings, no Fedora DVDs
will be distributed, due to the zero-day timing of the event; rather a
local installation server will be provided for visitors to install from.

Further highlights of the FUDCon include a half-day workshop with the
open SUSE project, to strengthen collaboration between the two projects.
An update on Fedora on Apple hardware, a troubleshooting contest, and
demonstrations of the latest in virtualization technology round out the
Fedora Project FUDCon program.

Visitors have the opportunity to meet Max Spevack, Project Leader of the
Fedora Project, as well as other notable persons in the community. The
Fedora Project is sponsored by Red Hat, a US-based open source software
company, and has a strong community that co-develops the project. In
2003 Red Hat announced that its Linux distribution for end users was
being merged with the fedora.us project to create a community project
with the name Fedora Core. The Fedora Project is used for testing the
latest and most interesting technologies, which can later flow into the
commercial offering Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Fedora contains only free,
patent-unencumbered (for example, no MP3 support), and open source software.

Further information is available at http://fedoraproject.org.

Press contact: Fedoraproject.org
Fabian Affolter
 Melchtalstrasse 7 CH-3014 Berne