[Ambassadors] The weekly ambassador meetings

Sudheer Satyanarayana sudheer.s at binaryvibes.co.in
Sun Nov 4 05:38:40 UTC 2007

Claus Reheis wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer!
>

> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 13:20 -0400, francescougolini at aol.it wrote:
>
>> Actually only Fedora has its Ambassadoring project, yeah, the other
>> ones use to roganize events etc... without having a specific project.
>>

>> As i know the following project use those systems:
>>

>> - Ubuntu: there is an internet form where everybody can ask for CDs
>> (for events more than 1)
>>

>> - Gnome: there is (only for Gnome contributors) a box that you can
>> request for a specific event and then give them back.
>>

>> Generally people send email to pojects' leaders, local contributors
>> etc...
>>

>> This is what I know about the other project, probably someone in the
>> list will know more solutions.
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Francesco Ugolini
>>

> There must be a way beside IRC and Mailing-lists where people can
> contribute their ideas and questions independent from time and location!
> In my opinion a forum style board would be something to think about!
> There I can just log in, look whats going on, see what is needed and
> contribute when I have time to do it!

I totally agree with you. I have never been able to catch up with folks
here because of the my work schedules. By the time I see something
interesting on the mailing list, the topic would old already. Joining
the meetings on IRC is also quite difficult for me. Message boards is
the way to go.

> Claus

With Warm Regards,
Sudheer. S