[Ambassadors] Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee Election

Jeffrey Tadlock linux at elfshadow.net
Mon Nov 19 17:55:01 UTC 2007

On Nov 18, 2007 4:13 AM, Francesco Ugolini <fugolini at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> it's time to hold a new election for FAmSCo. As many of you know FAmSCo
> members stay in charge for 2 major releases of Fedora (more info at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Election/Rules).
>
> Now, i want to know if you need a new FAmSCo election. If yes, please, tell
> me your preferred dates.

Thanks for bringing this up Francesco.

Yes, I think we need to hold a new FAmSCo election as laid out in the
Election Rules.

As for preferred dates, I will throw some out as a starting point for
discussion:

Nominations:  11/21/2007 to 11/30/2007
Voting Period:  12/4/2007 to 12/11/2007

The nomination period should be long enough to be sure all Ambassadors
know about the election.  The voting period crosses weeks to help
account for people that might be on vacation one week or the other.

Thanks,
Jeffrey