[Ambassadors] Nominations for FAmSCo election

Pablo Barrera pablo.barrera at proyectofedora.org
Fri Nov 30 20:03:45 UTC 2007

Hi all,
Yes, i some point I feel a little bit sad, cause theres no interest of
ambassadors on be part of the process of the seats. Anyway, I think this
is a chance to "make the things happens" it means, in spite of the low
quantity of Ambassadors, seems that in next
FAMSCO periodo, we need to check, if we are expressing in the right way
the demands
of Fedora Community. Non interest, represents that, I some point FAMSCO
is not a tool for Ambassadors. Remember: Community Rules, and the
silence or the low enthusiasm of the voting (and more important
candidate vacancy) are telling us something: Make Famsco a "service
tool" for our project.

This is not a crisis, this is an oportunity, to "stop the ball" and
think, what things we must change, to improve the community progress in
all areas. We the ambassadors
really needs and what Fedora can do for this community.

Just two examples:
Next week will be a FLOSS event in Colombia. We need to found the Fedora
Project in Colombia. But organizations has not the money, to make
Possible that i can go to help colombia Ambassador to work with
strategies, giving some experience feedback of argentinian activities,
and things like that. FAMSCO knows it?, no....why?, U can say
that nobody talks about it, but...someone ask if we need something,
above from FOSDEM?....or Linux Tag?....

The other example:
Tunusia people are growing with a lot of effort...someone think if
Tunisia people needs more than a DVD Budget?....how many people are
ready to travel to Fosdem, and how many people are ready to travel to
Tunisia, to help Africa to grow in FLOSS model?......

This are the reasons, why, we dont have more candidates. We dont have
more candidates because in some point, of all of us are too much busy
with personal work or some of us, dont think useful FAMSCO. I believe
Franceso (if someone think That im not democratic ;) ) that this time is
more than a election. Its time to "revisoring" FAMSCO, to make more
important than yesterday, and turn the FAMSCO into a tool for
Ambassadors. 100% Service. Ill hope this message, can get a positive
effect and a lot of ambassadors go to be part of candidates. This will
mean that the messages comes to the mind :).

Finishing this post, not all is about Famsco. Like ambassadors we need
to leave fall our head over the shoulders of FAMSCO too....we must make
more important in our Ambassadors life the role of FAMSCO. Trust means,
ask, ask, make questions, more than choose a seat one time per year.
Choose seats must be a happy momento, to choose the
"tools" (yes...people), to make an evolution on each cycle of FAMSCO.

Not all the FLOSS and organizations around the world, has this fantastic
tool like FAMSCO. We must make it better everyday....

Code evolves....people too....

Well.....its time to recieve more candidates from now ;-)

Best regards
Pablo Barrera