[Ambassadors] Regarding Software Freedom Day 2007

Abhishek Singh aks at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 12 13:02:38 UTC 2007

Dear All,
              I really apologize for not being active in the mailing
list as well as IRC meetings. Actually, these days, I've been busy with
my research regarding "Business Incubation and sustainable models for
developing countries".
                   This is just to inform you that we're celebrating
Software Freedom Day 2007 (see
http://www.tuxolta.com/wiki/index.php?title=Software_Freedom_Day_2007)at
Nepal. The event is sponsored by High Level Commission for Information
Technology (see http://www.hlcit.gov.np), a wing of the government of
Nepal. They have also exhibited positive signs for revising the ICT
policy of the country and regarding FOSS as an necessary element.
                      On my part, as an ambassador, I'm presenting on
Fedora 7 which includes the following topics:

    * Fedora Project: An introduction (very brief)
    * Why Fedora 7
    * GNOME (on F7)
    * SELinux
    * Xen
    * some discrete apps (yet to be finalized)

Moreover, I'll be distributing 250 DVDs of F7 (which has been sponsored
by my university) at the event. I need some help to prepare for my
presentation, specially SELinux and Xen. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanking You.

Regards,
Abhishek Singh