[Ambassadors] DRAFT/RFC: Fedora Events Q3 budget

mak mahayalamkhan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 11:39:54 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:

> I would like all of you to take a look at this page, and offer your
> thoughts and comments.  If you are an event owner in Q3, it is particularly
> important that you take a look.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Budget

Thanks Max,
it's good to see our event within the list.

> (1) If you are an event owner, do you think your event is getting enough
> support?  If you have either *more* budget than you think you will need, or
> *less* budget than you think you will need, please speak up.

I did that. In Q2 I've arranged "F9 Release
party<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReleaseParty/F9/Dhaka>"
without financial assistance from FAMSCo, though I've been insisted to have
funds, by FamSCo. But, I managed that locally and thought that FAMSCo budget
should be redirected to some more appropriate event on Q2 list.

*Note: The event report of mine can be searched through Ambassador mailing
lists and visuals are
here<http://www.flickr.com/photos/ankurevents/sets/72157605216612889/>
*

> (2) Realize that this is a zero-sum game.  To increase one budget requires
> decreasing something else.  We are trying to balance the needs of people
> across the world.  We are doing this openly and transparently so that we can
> try to reach a consensus that works for everyone, rather than just dictating
> policy.

When I first got this mail, there was $2000+ allotted for 4
Events<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/SteeringCommittee/Budget#India.2C_Asia.2C_Australia>would
be divided by Harish Pillay. Now it's decreased into $1500. I have an
event <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReleaseParty/F10/Dhaka>coming
on. I don't know how much our event going to get from that 1,500, but
decreasing further would make the possiblity of getting an adequate budget
is less. I would request not to decrease it further.

> (5) Remember that with budget comes responsibility.  Organization, event
> reports, new contributors, follow-up, etc.
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/ReportingGuidelines

we are learning...

--
Regards