[Ambassadors] An Event in VIT-VELLORE, Need People to give talk on Fedora

karthik parvathaneni callmeno2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 04:31:11 UTC 2008

Hi Rahul,
I would appreciate that and i'd like you to guide me through the process as
this is my first time getting involved with the fedora ambassadors.
About the contributions, i dint exactly get what you were talking about. Is
it their time to come over here or other materialistic factors?.
Either ways, we can figure out a solution. Regarding Local ambassadors, We
will be sending all the ambassadors a private message once the dates are
finalized.
I've heard that you are most active on the fedora list. So, can you also
help through the process. Suggest a few names of people interested in coming
over to our college, for the event. As i already said, the event is mainly a
discussion type. Need good speakers.

Thanks
Karthik
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> Satish Eerpini wrote:
>
>> Hi Francesco ,
>>
>> we were expecting someone  ( or anyone)from the Fedora community in
>> general , who are well versed with the working of Open Source and could make
>> the Freshmen experience the power and feel of open source with their talk ,
>> and what can be a better example than the Fedora Project itself . :-)
>>
>> i am also sending a copy of this to rahul , as i have seen that rahul is
>> among the most active of the India Fedora Community . Once we have someone
>> who is ready to take the opportunity  to represent the Fedora Project and
>> the Open Source in general , we could have further discussions about the
>> exact event dates , and other details !
>>
>> we are looking forward to this event as a big way to start out with Fedora
>> at our college !
>>
> Feel free to contact me and we can discuss what needs to be done. In
> general, what would scale well is local ambassadors become recognized
> contributions within their region and lead, mentor other new contributions
> but if there isn't anyone already present who can do that just yet, I can
> help kickstart that.
>
> Rahul

Registered Linux Addict
"Hakunamatata"