[Ambassadors] new user introducing himself

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 20:50:44 UTC 2008

Hello,

My name is Neville Cross, although it sound very British I am
Nicaraguan. I live and work in Nicaragua, and I want to join the
Fedora Ambassador work in this country.

My studies are in business, so I am not good at programming. I am a
Amateur Radio since 1993, and I am part of the packet radio enthusiast
in Central America. I am following the work of the Fedora SIG for
Amateur Radio.

As a business person, I am contributing with a different perspective
to the local FOSS community. I like to drive applications rather than
only Linux approach. This has been a good turn to get new people
involved, specially from non-technical backgrounds.

One of my concerns regarding the local Linux community and Fedora is
no exception y the lack of support. I am encouraging that the next
install festival we provide local repositories for updating the
installations. We will have our real test on the SFD2008, were I am
involved. I have the plan to organize a monthly gathering to invite
newcomers to bring their hardware and together solve their problems.

I just created my fedora user wiki

Best regards

Neville
Linux User # 473217