[Ambassadors] Red Hat VMware romours : what about Fedora?

Matthieu Rondeau mattr at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 22 08:59:49 UTC 2008

2008/8/22 Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) <bochecha at fedoraproject.org>

> > While I can't talk about unsubstantiated rumours like these that exist
> > all the time, I will say that Fedora as a project has a commitment to
> > have a open community including all of it's software including the
> > infrastructure bits accessible to everyone and that transparency
> > including a vibrant community of volunteers is a important safe guard.
> >
> Ah ah ah.
>
> Sure, everything is open in our community. Like what is happening right
> now with the infrastructure.
>
> And like what happened in this thread:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-August/msg00102.html
> (see particularly David Nalley's answer)
>
> Am I the only one wondering if this whole "we're an open community, a
> community driven project where everyone can take a part" was not only an
> illusion ?
>
> At least, I think we've had a lack of communication / openness on some
> important points lately.
>
> Sorry for my pessimism. Must have gotten up on the wrong foot today.
>

> ----------
>
> Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
> French Fedora Ambassador
>
> ----------
> "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
> safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin
>
>  I'm not really paranoiac, but I reckon that Mathieu is right.
We need to have some transparency all along the way, especially in this
case.
Not only it is a problem for the new members of the community, who find
a OS where it is better not to update at the moment (It has been one
week I believe), but also for old ones because one can't find the reason
why.
What is happening right is most of this new members, along with some of
the old ones, are making suppositions.
And this, again it is only my opinion, makes us look like the community
can't deal with its own problems, and needs to close the gates and let
the pros do the job.
Anyway I hope we would soon have some feedbacks.

Matthieu Rondeau