[Ambassadors] question regarding listing events

Rafael Gomes linux.rafa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 05:15:47 UTC 2008

Hi Neville,

I am Rafael Gomes, from Brazil and  we are organizing this event on Brazil -
Salvador, so, I guess that don't have problem to include Fedora Install Fest
on event. we are going to do this.

If you wanna see we "press release"... [1] and we from Fedora Project from
Brazil are working to do a models of  slides  to this event and other
things...

[1] - http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/Bahia/Press

Forgive me by my English. I am studying yet.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:28 PM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:

> Neville -
>
> There are no "rules" per se to adding events. Add any event you feel fits.
> There is no authorization for an event proper.
> An event that is receiving funding from FAmSCo needs an owner, and
> submitted prior to budget deadline, but aside from this there is no
> restriction - any event regardless of size is welcome.
>
> As for whether Nicaragua is in North or South America - Pragmatically
> South America is probably the right choice. Mexico, while certainly in
> NA, is considered SA because of the language problem, and Rodrigo
> speaks Spanish, while precious few US or Canadian Ambassadors speak
> Spanish, much to our chagrin.
>

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Neville A. Cross <nacross at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was reading on the wiki, on FedoraEvents [1], about some entries
> > regardin SFD2008 to be celebrated on different places, like Salvador
> > (Brazil), Tunis (Tunisia), and Quezon City (Phillipines). Fedora-ni is
> > supporting the celebration of SFD2008 at Managua [2] (Nicaragua). We
> > will have a talk on games by Rafael Marquez[3], one of the Fedora
> > Ambassadors. We will also have fedora installations and distribution
> > of fedora installation media. I would like to add this event to the
> > list, as we are promoting fedora in this event. But as a newbie I am
> > not sure about what are the rules for approving this entry or how to
> > be sure it qualifies to be listed. There is no one listed as
> > responsible for this page. Also, it troubles me that I am not sure if
> > I have to list Nicaragua as part of South America or North America, as
> > we are right mid way.
> >
> > Best regards to all,
> >
> > Neville A. Cross[4]
> > Linux User # 473217