[Ambassadors] NA Ambassadors Meeting 2008-08-27 Meeting Summary

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 05:35:16 UTC 2008

David Nalley led the meeting.

* News from FAmSCo - Jeffrey Tadlock, no meeting this week, budget is
  nearing finalization.

* Current status of tasks
  + No progress made contacting existing ambassadors.
  + Potential sponsors for hardware to include in Event Boxes were
    contacted this week. We hope to acquire small notebooks for each
    event box. We will also attempt to acquire one XO for each box.
  + Plans to produce media for F10 proceeding, one or two runs of 3000
    are possible.
  + FAD update and planning.
  + Planet aggregation continuing - some new ambassadors are on the planet.
  + Musts/Shoulds/Coulds - will try to get this out of draft in the next
    week or two.

* The Education Strategy - Jack Aboutboul returned to discuss issues that
  were raised on f-a-l and to further discuss the work he is doing in this
  area. More discussion is expected.

* Dealing with News Media - Larry Cafiero introduced us to a draft he is
  working on to help us more effectively deal with the media. This opened
  a discussion of whether a policy is needed to guide ambassadors in
  dealing with various media issues. Regardless of policy I think it is
  fair to say the work Larry presented will be a great help to the many
  ambassadors who may come in contact with the press in various situations.

I would again like to thank all the participants, especially the new
ambassadors joining us for the first time tonight.