[Ambassadors] An Event in VIT-VELLORE, Need People to give talk on Fedora

karthik parvathaneni callmeno2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:23:13 UTC 2008

Thanks Francesco,

I liked it if u could make it. But as you said that you are busy, please
check if anyone from FamSCo can make it. If they can, We'll be more than
delighted to have them at our college. We also have a technical fest called
SWATANTRA based on open source projects, and during SWATANTRA'05, Richard
Stallman himself came to the college . This time,(SWATANTRA'08) i am
planning on pulling lots of Fedora Board people to come here. But this one
is just an event which would be a 1-2 day disscussion spree and all of our
LUG would be here to receive you people.
So, i also wish the Fedora board people can turn up but this is a smaller
scale and i initially imagined it for only the ambassadors and FamSCo
people. However, We will be more than deligted if the board turns up. Please
see what you can do about the issue.

P.S My college has People who question the Speaker a lot. No Kiddin,
seriously lots of silly questions do pop up.

Thanks a ton.
Karthik

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Francesco Ugolini <
fugolini at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, karthik parvathaneni wrote:
>
>  Hello Everyone,
>>
>> This is Karthik Parvathaneni, doing my B.Tech in Computing Sciences and an
>> ambassador of Fedora from Hyderabad region, INDIA I dint give in an
>> Introduction to you guys about myself, Not exactly lazy to do so but i
>> thought it is a bit childish. Sorry if i am wrong.
>> Leaving that aside, We (Myself and Satish Eerpini , the Fedora Ambassador
>> of
>> Secunderabad) are planning to conduct an event under LUG(Linux User
>> Group)@VIT for Freshmen to create awareness about Fedora Project. We are
>> Planning to do as an Event where the Fedora Ambassadors can come and Speak
>> about their Experience on using Fedora and Linux in general. We have
>> planned
>> to Invite someone form the Fedora Commitee to come aswell. Regarding the
>> accomodation for the commitee members, we will take care. We just need you
>> guys to come to our college and share your valuable Experience with us.
>> This
>> way, we would like to promote fedora at our college and aswell get
>> freshers
>> knowing the power of open source.
>> The procedure and dates are not yet decided but the expected days are
>> around
>> the last week of August (mostly Saturday). We will continu the thread with
>> other updates. The Event will be conducted in VIT (Vellore Institute of
>> Technology) at Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. Expecting people from
>> Bangalore,
>> Chennai, Hyderabad areas, as they are near by. As the Event is on a
>> non-working day, hope no problems occur.
>> People Interested can contact me(callmeno2 at gmail.com) or Satish(
>> eerpini at gmail.com) for further information or can aswell post their
>> quieries
>> as reply thread.
>>
>> Thanks you,
>> Karthik Parvathaneni
>> Fedora Ambassador - Hyderabad,India
>> --
>> "Hakunamatata"
>> I blog here :
>> www.penguinfoot.blogspot.com
>>

> This news sounds good. Feel free to ask India responsible Snakarshan
> Mukhopadhyay and Rahul Sundaram and the other APAC communities member.
>
> It's important this touch and feel experience and I'm pretty sure it could
> be a success.
>
> When you talk about "Fedora Commitee" are you talking about Fedora Board or
> FAmSCo? For the second one i can forward this mail to FAmSCo list to see if
> someone is available, personally I can't be able to take part of the
> initiative due to another trip planned (FUDCon). If you are talking about
> Fedora Board (the most probable thing you wanted), I can't say anything, but
> you can try to ask them.
>
> Regards
>
> Francesco Ugolini

Registered Linux Addict