[Ambassadors] Ambassadors Meeting EMEA - Summary 2008-08-20

Fabian Affolter fab at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 20 23:08:25 UTC 2008

=== News from FAmSCo ===
Please check the ambassadors mailing list about the Release Parties. ->
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-ambassadors-list/2008-August/msg00247.html

=== Report current status of Ambassadors Membership ===
There are now over 500 ambassadors registered in the FAS.  Check
http://jeffreyt.fedorapeople.org/ambassador-metrics/ for details

=== Events ===

==== FrOSCon ====
MaxSpevack will be there, along with RobertAlbrecht, and a few others.
He is giving a talk on Saturday.  He also have a bunch of Fedora 9 Live
CDs (the nice ones, same that we had at LinuxTag).  We were hoping to
have the new t-shirts for this event, but they are not ready in time.
That is his fault, and he apologize. ChristophWickert asked about
accomondation because the hotel wasn't able to tell him if they have
reservations for Fedora.  MaxSpevack said that they have a bunch of
reservations for "FrOSCon" but he is not sure if we were taken into account

==== FUDCon ====
FUDCon will be in 16 days.  Everyone who is coming should already be
signed up.  If you signed up for hotel, that will be fully paid for 100%
by Fedora and MaxSpevack hope that everyone will have a WONDERFUL event.
  It has been a long time since we had a FUDCon in Europe, and this will
be the first of an annual EMEA
[http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon/FUDConBrno2008 FUDcon].  There are
110 registered attendees.  MaxSpevack don't know the exact breakdown of
Red Hat employees from Czech Republic, Red Hat employees from Germany or
other parts of Europe, and Fedora contributors, but he think there is a
very good mix.  Next year, we will pick another location in Europe.  It
will move around :)
GeroldKassube said that a possible option could be Linux Solution Paris.
  Fedora Project will certainly support LinuxSolution Paris, but
MaxSpevack don't think we want to do one FUDCon in September and another
in January.  Too close together.  Also, the budget has already been
decided through the end of February 2009, and there isn't money for
another FUDCon.  But it is important that we continue to support the
French ambassadors, which is why I had a meeting with MrTom and all the
others a few weeks ago.

==== OpenExpo ====
So far there are $1000 USD (approx. 650 EUR) budgeted for this event.
The confirmed booth person is MaxSpevack, TimeaRusz, and FabianAffolter.
  FabianAffolter invited all Swiss Fedora contributors to attend but the
feedback is unsatisfactory.  Red Hat will be there too.  The
accommodation is still not fixed, CDs are fixed, stickers are fixed.  We
will bring some of our new t-shirts, which hopefully we can sell to make
the money back.  The budget is 650 EUR, but it would be nice if we could
not use all of that, because MaxSpevack think that we will be happy if
we have some extra money that we can use for other EMEA events later on
in the quarter.

==== LinuxDay Italy ====
The Italian Ambassadors are organizing the attendance at this events.
Linuxday in Italy does have owners, and therefore it does have budget.

==== LinuxDay Austria ====
This events have no budget if we still want to do the event, then we
will have to take budget away from other events.  FabianAffolter will
think about his attendance

=== Stickers ===
MaxSpevack think we probably need to get more stickers made at some
point, that we can use at different events in EMEA.  If someone wants to
take care of that, we can use some budget to pay for it, as long as we
agree on all the prices before we have them produced.  He would like to
get more stickers made for general EMEA usage.  GeroldKassube will ask
MarcoZiesing to care about the stickers.  The budget will be around 200 EUR.

=== PoloShirts ===
GeroldKassube said that maybe we should try to figure out who else need
the Ambassador Polo and try to order at least for FAD 2008.

=== FAD EMEA 2008 ===
SandroMathys already sent out a reminder to the people who did not yet
confirm their attendance.  He hope to get the outstanding answers soon
if there's some questions or an issue, feel free to contact him, he'll
try to help as good as he can.  Unfortunately, we're very limited on
budget.  The new budget plan says we have $2000 ($2000 = about 1250
EUR), which is ok for the hotel but won't pay for food or travel.
SandroMathys hope...if people try not to spend all their event budget,
the budget can get bigger after all. We might also get a little somewhat
from Fedora EMEA e.V. and there's a company in Switzerland that might
sponsor us a little.  If FUDCon comes in under budget, we will take some
of that for FAD EMEA and MaxSpevack is doing everything he can to get
FUDCon in under budget by at least $1000.  SandroMathys is trying to
find fun events that are free of charge but still a lot of fun - He
already have one very good idea there (surprise).

=== Sponsorship ===
SandroMathys knows a company in Switzerland, he just dropped them a line
to ask for some $ and they are really thinking about how much they can
spend.  If you know of such a company in your region, why not ask them
too? Particularly, if you have contacts to somewhere working there.
FrancescoCrippa Is not sure about opportunity to save money on
LinuxDay... actually they're looking for extra sponsor to reach all the
100 events in Italy.... ->
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Sponsorship

--
Fingerprint: 2F6C 930F D3C4 7E38 6AFA 4EB4 E23C D2DD 36A4 397F

Fedora always leads and never follows.