[Ambassadors] Red Hat VMware romours : what about Fedora?

Pablo Barrera pablo at proyectofedora.org
Fri Aug 22 01:34:55 UTC 2008

Hi

> Pablo Barrera wrote:
>> Just a romour but critical for our community..
>> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10022163-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad
>> http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62045002,00.htm?scid=rss_z_nw
>
> While I can't talk about unsubstantiated rumours like these that exist all
> the time, I will say that Fedora as a project has a commitment to have a
> open community including all of it's software including the infrastructure
> bits accessible to everyone and that transparency including a vibrant
> community of volunteers is a important safe guard.

True, but anyway, will not be good this adquisition. Anyway critizes
transparency, but if this happens, hope
that change, not change our community...anyway a nice example of this is
openSUSE, even tought the agreement
of MS and Novell, openSUSE grows all the time...

But if u are compromised with FLOSS, this things gets me worried "all the
time" :-)

Regards
P.