[Ambassadors] China Fedora Support Community welcome all of you to join us

JoergSimon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 24 09:39:53 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 24. August 2008 08:48:18 schrieb Nathanael Lee:
> Yes,of course. I contacted the founder of most popular community of Fedora
> and talk about my plan to him. So if you are not from China,don't need to
> be worried.  Our site will offer the languages both in Chinese and in
> English so every memeber here can read and participate. Planning work are
> very in details so maybe we need some time before the site comes out
> perfectly.

It is always a good idea to give communities with own culture a special place
to find the way into the FedoraProject - to start a chinese forum seems the
right way. Our Goal to find new valuable Contributors, leads in a large part
over the Fedora users. Show them that they have the chance - not only to
consume - also to participate. Do not forget - the FedoraInfrastructure is
the place where your contributions should happen - please do not avoid power
use what we achieved right now and help to make it better. Maybe start to
translate the Fedora Wiki to Chinese/Mandarin ...?

> Now we are doing basic and development plan for this new site. We have
> determinded to use VBB programme to set up this site.

I am curious - what is VBB programme?

> If any body here are intersted in our site or you have some idea about this
> site.Please contact me freely.I will be very happy to meet you and talk it
> with you.Thanks a lot for all of you!

One thing - the  fedora-announce-list is not the place for this discussion as
the name says it is for announcements.

And one another thing - as we know, a lot Chinese People are using Fedora,
personally i am very happy to see people like you take the big challenge with
great energy to show them the way to have the Freedom to use and develop Free
Software!

CU

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688