[Ambassadors] Chaos Computer Congress 2008

Jens Kühnel fedora at jens.kuehnel.org
Tue Aug 26 13:21:05 UTC 2008

Yaakov Nemoy schrieb:
Hi,

> This is not a call for action or planning, but just a tentative
> question of possibility.  Have we ever sent any official presence to
> the Chaos Computing Congress in Berlin, or is anyone interested, or
> feels that it would be a good place to market ourselves to?
I know for sure that a couple of ambassadors will attend The Congress,
including me. But we do that not officially.

I'm not sure if Fedora should go to The Congress. It's a more pure
congress, no real exhibition, no booths. No, Suse, Ubuntu oder Debian.
More like Gentoo, ARCHlinux, OpenBSD and Plan9.

It's a hacker event and not a Linux-Event, but we could get a lot of
very skilled people there. (not primarly social skills! :-))

If we go, we should bring some developers to it, it is not the normal
event crowd there. If you don't know what you are talking the eat you
alive! :-)

The webpage ist: http://events.ccc.de/congress/2008/

I will help at the event, if we decide to do it.

CU
Jens