[Ambassadors] Re: Approaching for a Fedora migration

David Nielsen gnomeuser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 19:55:27 UTC 2008

Den 26. aug. 2008 18.14 skrev Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com>:

> Folks,
>
> Actually they were interested on Ubuntu as they have free shipping process.
> But I have explain them about other features in Fedora.
> Especially only Fedora support Sinhala language by default (without setting
> repositories).
> But still Ubuntu unable to fix that issue.
>
> But unfortunately we don't have free shipping process.
> As the Fedora Free Media Country coordinator and Ambassador I need all your
> help to achieve this.
>
> Due to unlimited Ubuntu distribution, community also moving to Ubuntu.
>
> In a developing country this is much harder target. :(

If this is an issue I am sure we could organise a community fashion
contribution here. For 10k machines surely not 10k dvds would be needed,
maybe we could organise a way for you to get a fewer burners and plenty of
blank media as well as some genuine F9 media to copy from not to mention
regular updates.