[Ambassadors] Re: Approaching for a Fedora migration

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 27 15:29:24 UTC 2008

pablo at proyectofedora.org wrote:
> Hi, all
>>> But unfortunately we don't have free shipping process.
>>> As the Fedora Free Media Country coordinator and Ambassador I need all
>>> your help to achieve this.
>> It is not clear to me what sort of help you are looking for. If you are
>> seeking assistance, being more specific is a good thing and you should
>> probably get local people to assist you.
>>
> Sometimes your posts make me feel a lot of disgustin. Its more than
> obvious that this Ambassador are talking about free shiping of CDs/DVDs of
> Fedora.

Not to me, it isn't. He could be looking for help in installing Fedora
for multiple systems for example which is why David Nalley talked about
Cobbler. How is asking for a clarification disgusting to you? I don't
understand what's troubling you.

Raul, I understand your passion for Fedora ( I have the same
> feeling ),  but we are not perfect. Ubuntu has a better program than us
> for free shipping cds. Is better to say " We dont have the money of Mark
> Shuttleworth" to create a shipit.fedoraproject.org to request free cds or
> dvds, than ask for a clarification of an obvious messages.

The cost of shipping media is prohibitive compared to the cost of
replicating it. This is well known and has been discussed in the list
multiple times which is why I indicated that local people are better
suited to help.

Rahul