[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:42:21 UTC 2008

Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2008, 11:36 +0100 schrieb Francesco Ugolini:
> 2008/12/9 Robert Scheck <robert at fedoraproject.org>:
> > Good evening everybody,
>
> > Fedora EMEA e.V. also seems to be a mostly dead tree. Of course we have
> > founded the association as legal vehicle. But it would be nice to see where
> > my money, my membership fee, the 128 Euro per year are spent to. I now
> > could assume, that the money is just collected and nothing happens or some
> > guys of the board are buying and eating ice cream with, but I really hope
> > that's not true. Fedora EMEA e.V. really needs to communicate a bit more to
> > its members what they're doing and how the money is handled. Organisation
> > is lacking much transparency and about their activities. AFAIK, a mailing
> > list for the members of Fedora EMEA e.V. was created, I think it never was
> > used yet. 128 Euro per year is IMHO too much for the current level of what
> > seems to happen with the money. And for that money I could support the Free
> > Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) with multiple membership fees per year.
> > And sorry, just one cool bathrobe isn't a good reason for spending 128 Euro
> > away per year. Without enough transparency and communication, it's like
> > throwing the money out of the window of my room.
>
> It's not a dead tree, it's a resource bridge, with the founds given by
> the associate members and with some of "FAmSCo budget" cover part of
> the costs of EMEA big events.

Would it be possible (at least for members) to get a quarterly report on
what EMEA did and how much money was spent on what? Or would that just
be too much work?

> Q4 will be the crucial step toward a working Fedora EMEA e.V., most of
> the money needed by the EMEA people will be bridge by this one, having
> a better "resource distribution" infrastructure in EMEA and improving
> the ambassadors experience.
>
> I hope to be concrete. If I said something not clear or maybe wrong,
> feel free to add your toguths.

IMHO this is not really concrete. One question I have for example is:
What decisions were made when, for example regarding the budget or
regarding events. And who made this decisions? Is there a place where we
can follow this decision-making, mail, irc logs or whatever? I don't see
any public discussion on this list.

Instead the EMEA chronology [1] stops at Mai 27th. Has nothing important
happened since then?

Regards,
Christoph

[1] http://fedoraemea.org/board.shtml