[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Gerold gerold at lugd.org
Tue Dec 9 13:40:02 UTC 2008

> Hello Max,
>
> On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Max Spevack wrote:
>> Here's the interesting thing:  In order to fulfill its mission, Fedora
>> EMEA e.V. doesn't need any "members".  What is important is having
>> members of the Fedora Project.
>
> Fedora EMEA e.V. needs members to exist at all. At least the board + 1 if
> know correctly. So without any members, the organisation dies and the
> whole
> money is transfered to the Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE).
>
>> The non-profit is simply a safe, trusted place where resources can be
>> held in escrow.
>>
>> Am I wrong?
>
> No, I think you aren't wrong and I agree with you.
>
> My main issue is regarding the membership fee: I don't know, whether I am
> one of the less guys thinking, that giving 128 Euro per year to somewhere
> out of my private pocket is too much money if I don't hear anything by
> that
> organisation. And you surely can agree with me, that a simple message "we
> have bought XYZ poloshirts for ABC" would have been not to much, when I am
> now looking to the (by law allowed) representative part of the board,
> which
> is of course excluding you as treasurer being non-representative as by the
> statutes.
>
> Maybe the 128 Euro per year are the real issue. Maybe we should reduce to
> e.g. 12 Euro per year or similar, that people like me don't care about
> what
> happens with the (my) money.
^^
To be honest; I don´t want to keep this discussion away from the ML
because THIS is only PART and DECISSION by the emembers of Fedora EMEA
e.V. and not a topic which must discussed here in the "Ambassadors world";

I´m very unlucky seeing that discussion about the NPO; but also understand
it on one hand (and not on the other hand).

And, Christoph, Robert and all other, I feel and see this "discussions"
and "complains" very, very, very personall because I was one of the power
to found that NPO.

But as said, every member can have my seat after my first period and be a
better "President" than me!

Gerold