[Ambassadors] Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 9 15:18:30 UTC 2008

> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:37:03PM +0100, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
>> Read again what I said. If _RedHat_ has to hide some informations (which
>> is totally understandable on a legal point of view for a private
>> company),
>> then the whole Fedora community should be kept unaware _even the ones
>> working for RedHat_.
>>
>> IMHO, that's the only way to preserve both:
>> - the secrecy needed by such an investigation
>> - the cohesion and transparency of the community
>
> Ah, I see.  You're under the impression that I or someone else in the
> Fedora community also knows what's going on in Red Hat's internal
> investigation.  I can assure you that I, for one, don't.  And that's
> been done, I believe, so the internal investigation and response isn't
> compromised.
>
> Does this clarify the situation, then?

Totally.

And if that's the case, I do think it would have made a tremendous
difference regarding the community reaction if it had been made totally
clear from the very beginning.

I don't know, maybe you could have said it in your announces.

Or maybe someone from RedHat who is _not_ part of the Fedora community
could have taken over the issue and communicated instead of you.

Anyway, now that you explained it, I feel totally dumb ^_^

Please, do clarify this outside of this list so that the FUD about the
openness and transparency of the Fedora Community can stop (and yes, even
if I've been part of the FUD, it's been hurting me).

Regards,

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador