[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Dec 10 11:57:15 UTC 2008

Felix Kaechele wrote:
> Max Spevack schrieb:
>> Here's the interesting thing:  In order to fulfill its mission, Fedora
>> EMEA e.V. doesn't need any "members".  What is important is having
>> members of the Fedora Project.
>
> So membership is all about the bathrobes? :D

Becoming a member of the Fedora EMEA NPO puts you in a position where
you need to set aside your own personal opinion, and listen to decisive
bodies within the Fedora Project.

Those Fedora Project bodies are elected from within the *entire* Fedora
Project contributor community, and thus follow the principles of
democracy and Fedora Project's governance model, whereas the board of
the Fedora EMEA NPO is elected from within a small sub-set of Fedora
Project contributors, by a small sub-set of Fedora Project contributors.

And with a "small sub-set", I mean the Fedora EMEA NPO members, who are
a small sub-set of the Fedora Project contributors. No matter how large
that sub-set may become, it will always remain a sub-set, as we cannot
and will not make membership mandatory in any way.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip