[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA e.v. (was Re: What Fedora makes sucking ...)

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Thu Dec 11 23:54:37 UTC 2008

Hello Gerold,

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Gerold wrote:
> To be honest; I don?t want to keep this discussion away from the ML
> because THIS is only PART and DECISSION by the emembers of Fedora EMEA
> e.V. and not a topic which must discussed here in the "Ambassadors world";

Sorry, but there I still don't really agree with you. The Fedora EMEA e.V.
was founded in order to support the Fedora Project and also the activities
of the Fedora Project including its ambassadors, right?

Unluckily we somehow missed to have a more deep linking between Fedora EMEA
e.V. and the Fedora Project inside of the NPO statutes, but we should solve
this with the next membership meeting. Yes, the NPO stands somehow for its
alone, but as we're still under the Fedora umbrella, we should get linking
also using the legal way inside of our statutes.

> And, Christoph, Robert and all other, I feel and see this "discussions"
> and "complains" very, very, very personall because I was one of the power
> to found that NPO.

We also had a personal talk about this yesterday during dinner. I of course
can understand, that you're supporting the NPO with heart and soul, but you
please should not treat every critics against yourself. The points claimed
here are not to blame you as person, it's because I care...as Christoph
pointed out already in another mail. Nobody is perfect, mistakes or unlucky
things can happen, stuff can get forgotten and that includes also the board
of Fedora EMEA e.V. Please try to take the critics not against you personal
as I also told you during our talk - that would make me more happy.

Greetings,
  Robert