[Ambassadors] Re: What Fedora makes sucking for me - or why I am NOT Fedora

Robert Scheck robert at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 12 23:42:23 UTC 2008

Hello Paul,

On Tue, 09 Dec 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 05:42:24PM +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 09.12.2008, 09:30 -0500 schrieb Paul W. Frields:
> > > There are *NO* Fedora community members who should be taking heat for
> > > anything to do with the intrusion report, other than myself.  If
> > > anyone has questions about forthcoming information, they should be
> > > directed to me.
> >
> > Ok, here they are:
> > Is the investigation finished or still ongoing?
> > When will we get a (hopefully) final report?
>
> 1. This is an ongoing matter.
> 2. As soon as possible once it's concluded.

Hmm...still an ongoing matter? We're now 4 months after the intrusion into
the servers. That's something which looks a bit strange to me. Sorry, when
I'm in doubt here, but 4 months is a very long time.

Am I allowed to remember, that many press articles are sticking to, that we
still did not release any final report regard the intrusion into the Fedora
servers? I'm still missing Open Communication here, because we all are now
for 4 months "on hold". And as there was now no update for > 3 months, I am
afraid, that this non-saying state is maybe forever, because who cares in
another 4 months about the intrusion into the Fedora servers?

Sorry, when I'm seeing that such negative, but this is how it looks like to
me. When looking to my daily job, an intrusion analysis including a report
within 4 months should be possible or is there a bigger picture, the Fedora
Community is not aware about...except the being of Red Hat and the closed
doors they have?

Greetings,
  Robert