[Ambassadors] Fedora Release party Tunisia

Ilyes Gouta ilyes.gouta at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 16:58:02 UTC 2008

Hi Nihed,

This is Ilyes Gouta, we met during a previous Ubuntu event in the "Parc
Technologique El-Ghazala" 2 months ago, do you remember? I asked you if
you had rawhide DVDs available so that I can update my machine quickly
:) and talked about webcams, X server and kernel driver. Congratulation
for the party.

I just wanted to ask you if the FTP server you put in place for the
party is a available for the Tunisian, fedora-lovin' people or not? Is
it going to be a permanent server or not? It would be nice to put in
place a rawhide (or a given release) within Tunisia so that people can
update their machines quickly, i.e without having to download all the
packages from distant servers. What do you think about this idea? The
average Tunisian guy is behind a 256 kbps ADSL which is slow compared to
the other countries. And having a local mirror is definitely a very good
idea.

Can you propagate this idea to maximum interested people in your entourage?

Regards,
Ilyes Gouta.