[Ambassadors] Re: spending our Q4 money (README)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:52:25 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 03:31:01PM +0100, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Dec 2008, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> (2) Give regions the resources that they need to create swag, CDs, and
>> any sort of marketing materials that the regional leadership wants.
>> The hope is that all the stuff created can last for the entirety of
>> the Fedora 10 release cycle, or reusable resources that folks need. In
>> short, long-term planning with short-term money.
>>
>> NA -- From an event perspective, Q4 is a bunch of smaller events, so
>> in my mind I set aside about $2,000 for that.  I'd like to set aside
>> another $5,000 USD for the NA leadership to tell me the best way to
>> spend it.  Some of it is already allocated for the purchase of
>> stickers in NA that Mairin Duffy is taking care of.
>
> Hey NA Ambassadors -- help me spend this money.  I'd like to figure out
> what we want to do with most of it before we all disappear for
> Christmas.  How can we spend a few thousand now to set you guys up for
> the next few months in terms of re-usable resources and/or swag? Clint, I
> know you sent me an email about CDs recently that I haven't written back
> to -- why don't you guys who are leading things up in NA ping me some
> time on IRC and we can brainstorm if need be.

One possibility I had previously raised with the NA guys was
purchasing a nicer backdrop for our "big" shows, to give a more
polished, professional appearance.  Expenditures that help our
appearance should take a back seat to those that help produce more
substantial project growth.  Nevertheless it would be nice to have a
booth setup that is self-contained and free-standing.