[Ambassadors] Re: spending our Q4 money (README)

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Dec 15 14:55:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> One possibility I had previously raised with the NA guys was
> purchasing a nicer backdrop for our "big" shows, to give a more
> polished, professional appearance.  Expenditures that help our
> appearance should take a back seat to those that help produce more
> substantial project growth.  Nevertheless it would be nice to have a
> booth setup that is self-contained and free-standing.

Well, things like this -- investment in resources that can be used at
multiple events during the coming calendar year -- is exactly what I'm
hoping to spend some of the Q4 budget on.  This is a lighter quarter for
events, and therefore if we purchase the stuff that we need for events,
when the heavy event quarters come back around next year, we'll have
more money for travel and things like that.

I want to invest in the infrastructure of Ambassadors while we have the
chance to.

--Max