[Ambassadors] exciting news for Fedora in LATAM

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Dec 16 12:46:34 UTC 2008

Re-posting from my blog:
 	http://spevack.livejournal.com/70806.html

It's my pleasure to inform the Fedora community that our long-time LATAM
community superstar, Rodrigo Padula, has accepted a job with Red Hat's
LATAM marketing team, and will officially get his red fedora on February
2nd.

Rodrigo has been leading Fedora's event organization, community
building, and OLPC efforts in that region of the world for about 4 years
now, and I've always been impressed with his organizational skills and
commitment to Fedora and free software. I have not had the opportunity
to meet Rodrigo in person, but Greg and Dennis traveled to FISL last
year and had an excellent experience.

I'm really excited that Rodrigo has accepted this job, because it is
another step in achieving the Community Architecture team's goal of
ensuring that each region of the world has someone within Red Hat who is
their primary point of contact for Fedora and community related
activities. I firmly believe that the more we can push accountability,
authority, and budget to local regions of our community, the more
successful it will be, and the faster it will grow.

Rodrigo's hire also gives Red Hat another person in the region who can
serve as an evangelist, community builder, and open source advocate not
just for Fedora, but for the entire company. We're going to be looking
to Rodrigo for his advice and thoughts on the best time and place to
organize our first FUDCon LATAM somewhere in 2009.

Congratulations to Rodrigo on joining the Red Hat family.

--Max