[Ambassadors] Fedora booth at IOTA convention at Science City, Kolkata.

gopal das mr.gopal.das at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 01:25:22 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:21 PM, susmit shannigrahi <
thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com> wrote:

> IOTA[1], a society under the Dept of IT, Govt. Of West Bengal is
> organising a convention on "Freedom in Computer Technology".[2]
> There will be eminent speakers[3] here. Also there will be people from
> corporate and universities.
> Participation if free.
>
> I have managed to secure a booth for Fedora.
> Also it gives the ambassadors from Eastern India the opportunity to
> meet up. (Unoffcially though).
>
> So we need volunteers to attend the booth. Also I shall request all
> the Ambassadors from Kolkata and nearby to please come up so that we
> can meet.
>
> Please register here http://iotawb.org/registration.html
>
> I have talked with them and they are open to extend the registration
> period, in case anyone left out.
>
> The date of convention is 26/27/28 Dec. 2008.
>
> For any other questions please let me know.
>
> [1] http://iotawb.org/
> [2] http://iotawb.org/fctprog.html
> [3]http://iotawb.org/program.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Susmit.

Hi Susmit
Its a great news for the fedora enthusiasts from eastern India. I can attend
the booth on 26th and 28th.
I am agreed with Mani on making this event a official one, if its possible.
A person has agreed to donate some DVDs to us for this purpose.
If someone can manage to bring some fedora/redhat books for display it will
be excellent.
I think, We need some fedora banner at our booth as well.

Cheers
Gopal