[Ambassadors] Hack at Random 2009: Call for papers

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 19:51:09 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I'll get around to posting Hack At Random 2009 as a Fedora Event
sometime in the not too distant future.  HAR is a technology and
hacking conference cum camping experience in the Netherlands this
coming August.  I plan on being there, but if there is interest, i
would also like to have a bit of a Fedora presence.  I had a fun
experience at eth-0 last summer, and i can definitely recommend it as
the 'alternate' conference.  These events have been compared to the
Woodstock and Burning Man of the computer world, but there's also a
pretty serious element in it as well.

I bring this up now, because the call for papers was issued today. If
the event is anything like eth-0 last year, the process for getting a
paper in is very simple, and can even be done last minute.  (Such as
when you show up at the door.)  For those of you that like to do
things in a more timely fashion, i'm forwarding this on to the list,
so you can decide if you want to present.  The call for papers can be
found here:

https://har2009.org/index.php?p=86

If you are interested in submitting a paper and would like to see a
Fedora presence there, please reply on this list, so we can figure out
what kind of interest there is.

-Yaakov