[Ambassadors] Community Management Literature?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 01:46:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008, inode0 wrote:
>
>> I am wondering if our community leaders (Paul, Max, Greg, anyone else)
>> might have one or two books they recommend that bear in important ways on
>> community management that might be of interest to ambassadors? Please share
>> if you do as I need some winter reading.
>
> The Starfish and the Spider.  Everyone should read it.

Hi Max,

I found this under the tree yesterday and couldn't put it down today.
Hardly a page went by without finding myself thinking about how this
applies to Fedora, Red Hat, and the organization I spend my days
working for.

I imagine you have spent some time thinking about how these ideas are
expressed in both Fedora and Red Hat individually and perhaps in a
sense combined as well. I'm really very curious about how you view the
Fedora project within this framework? In particular, do you view
Fedora as a hybrid organization?

Whether you care to answer those questions or not thank you very much
for recommending this thought provoking, entertaining book. And by all
means feel free to recommend others.

John