[Ambassadors] Fedora Media for North America

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 20:39:13 UTC 2008

As posted on my blog[0] today, I'd like to make the following
announcement and provide information to help North American
Ambassadors.

The Fedora Live CDs arrived this past week, right in time for
Christmas.  They look great.  (see
http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/files/f10media/)

If you are interested in obtaining some pressed media to distribute at
an event or Local User Group (LUG), please make a request on the new
FAmNA Resource Request tracker[1]. (A special thanks to Jon Stanley
for setting this up.)  Make sure to include the following information
(at minimum):

    * Name and Address
    * The number of LiveCDs you'd like
          - Currently, we only have 32-bit LiveCDs.  The order has
been placed for 32-bit and 64-bit install media, delivery is expected
around mid-January.  When this media arrives, I will announce the
availability.
    * A short explanation of your request and how it might promote Fedora
    * Phone Number (optional)
    * How you would like the shipped (Choose Ground unless you can
justify faster shipping)
    * Your region (shown as component)
          - Do Not assign the task to anyone, it is automatically
assigned to the correct person based upon region.

In addition, you will likely get a 'TICKET_VIEW privileges are
required to perform this operation' error.  We do this because we are
asking for mailing addresses and do not wish to share them with anyone
else.  Check your email, if you received a confirmation of the ticket,
it has been filed and we'll address it as quickly as possible.

If you are interested in who is getting your request, you may wish to
head on over to the North America regional list[2].

If you are an Event Owner for Q4 2009, please do not send requests.
Events are handled by the FedoraEvents[3] page. We are aware of the
events and will coordinate with you individually.

In addition, at the upcoming FUDCon[4], we'll be building an
AmbassadorKit[5].  The AmbassadorKit is designed to be a small package
delivered to any Fedora contributor who wishes to spread Fedora.  The
AmbassadorKit will include the following (at minimum):

    * Between 10 and 20 bits of Media (LiveCDs, DVDs)
    * A display box for holding media
    * One or Two Fedora t-shirts
    * A few sheets of Fedora Stickers
    * Fedora Buttons

Other items can be included in the AmbassadorKit, such as:

    * Fedora Temporary Tattoos (while supplies last)
    * Fedora LiveUSBs (in the future, or if some sponsor would like to
donate them hint hint)
    * Anything else you can think of that would be useful for promoting Fedora.

Once the AmbassadorKits are designed and can easily be built and
delivered, we will add them to the FAmNA Resource Request tracker so
they can also be requested.

I look forward to delivering massive amounts of media over the next
few months to those who need it.

Cheers,

Clint

0 - http://sexysexypenguins.com