[Ambassadors] LinuxTag hotel (readme if you will attend LT)

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 02:50:13 UTC 2008

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/LinuxTag/LinuxTag2008/Rooms

Similar to last year, we are in the process of figuring out how many
hotel rooms we need to book for LinuxTag.

IT IS CRITICALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU SIGN UP ON THIS PAGE IF YOU WILL
ATTEND LINUXTAG AND WANT A HOTEL ROOM.

Gerold will let people know what the deadline for signing up is --
Gerold, you can just reply to this email with any details I have missed.

Also like last year, once the final number of rooms is booked and we can
estimate the total cost, the Fedora Project will be able to inform
people of how much we can pay of the hotel bill.  Last year, you will
remember that Fedora paid the entire hotel bill for LinuxTag.  This
year, it will depend on the final cost.  There is another conference in
Berlin the same days, and therefore it is already impossible for us to
stay in the Pegasus Hotel again.

Gerold has found a place that is reasonably priced (but more expensive
than last year), but that is also MUCH closer to LinuxTag than the
Pegasus was.

LinuxTag is going to be an excellent event this year.  We have a nice
booth, we will have lots of swag, and a variety of talks.

Furthermore, we will have a "Fedora Ambassador Day" that will really
involve several night-time meetings of all the Ambassadors, in which we
will plan not only for LinuxTag, but also in which I will hopefully be
able to lead the creation of our plans for building the European Fedora
Community throughout the entire year.

Paul Frields, who has just taken over for me as the overall Fedora
Project Leader, will also be at LinuxTag this year.  Starting with my
trip last year, it will now be tradition that the Fedora Project Leader
attends LinuxTag, since it is one of the most important shows in Europe.

I am really looking forward to seeing you all at LinuxTag again
this year.

Thanks,
Max