[Ambassadors] Fedora EMEA Board Elections nominations | February 9th - February 21st

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Feb 10 13:32:40 UTC 2008

Matthias Kranz wrote:
> If these organizations are supposed to "help ambassadors working better"
> it should be mentioned somewhere in the name. I mean "Fedora EMEA Board"
> sounds a little bit "sophisticated". There are hundreds of people
> involved in Fedora in EMEA. So, is it a Ambassador-only thing or not?

Is this an Ambassador initiative? Yes.

Will it, as such, focus on what Ambassadors want/need? Yes.

Is Fedora EMEA limited (by rules, etc?) to aiding Ambassadors only? No.

This is the Ambassadors getting done what they need to get done, get
some gears in motion, and once it is up and running, it could very well
end up not being an Ambassador-only thing. FWIW, previously we've talked
about EventBox and other Ambassador resources being shipped around in
the EMEA area and other things like that, but while doing so, we also
thought about the possibility (given enough financial resources of
course) of reimbursing speakers (from the community), and invite them to
an event. In this area, we have already thought about what the
Ambassadors can do both for themselves as well as the rest of the
community, but we cannot say that we will do so. It is too premature to
make any statement as to what it is we can or will do, other then the
things that the takers of the initiative want to get done.

You, as a community member, have a voice I think a board should listen
to, and should you become a member of the NPO you even have a vote
-hierarchically the board must listen to that. There's no limitation to
who will be able to become a member -in that way, it isn't going to be
an Ambassadors-only thing.

I hope this answers your question although I didn't give you a simple
"yes" or "no".

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip