[Ambassadors] idea for *every* event

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 22:26:37 UTC 2008

2008/2/17 JoergSimon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>:
> Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2008 19:25:57 schrieb Max Spevack:
> > (1) A "join Fedora" station.  Somewhere at the booth, there is a
> > computer or laptop with a sign on it that says "come here to join the
> > Fedora Project" or something like that.  There is one person whose job
> > is to talk to folks, get them interested in Fedora, and help them to go
> > through the CLA and WikiEditing process.  The success metric is simple:
> >     * Did the person leave having set up their Fedora Wiki homepage?
> >     * Did the person become a Fedora Ambassador?
> >     * Does the person have some idea of what they might like to
> > contribute to Fedora?
> >     * How many accounts were created at the event?
>
> Most of them need active mentoring beyond a event, maybe we must give them
> concrete tasks to find a way to contribute.

If you look at my posts at different mailing lists you will see that
becoming an Fedora contributor and Ambassador is not easy.

It is really hard for somebody new to Fedora Project to become a
respected contributor.

I got into some heated discussions because people on the list thought
that I was only there to provoke, and usually misunderstood me.
English language is a barrier for non-english speaking contributors,
and a communication barrier for those who's primary language is not
english.

I had the most sincere intention was to have some positive and
constructive criticism or suggestion on some topics but I can't write
in fine english and I directly talk about the subject at hand without
some fine words that softer the issue.
I found that speaking directly about any issue usually is though as
provocation or flame bite. For me and I guess others who speak english
as second language have a hard time putting their thought into foreign
language so that it doesn't sound rude.
You (english as primary language people) talk in much broader and
wider terms and have a much bigger vocabulary that us others.

Thank you,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/