[Ambassadors] Fedora Local Language Spins

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 02:15:49 UTC 2008

Em Ter, 2008-02-26 às 06:39 +0530, Rahul Sundaram escreveu:
> Igor Pires Soares wrote:
>
> > Note that my question is a little bit different. What I am trying to
> > figure out is whether we can make modifications in Codeina configuration
> > in order to support other codecs packages in some regions, not to
> > include codecs directly on the distribution, because of what Rahul and
> > Max said.
>
> Modifications to Codeina can be made to support alternative sources and
> third party repositories can contain configuration files that drop the
> necessary changes into codeina itself but official spins cannot carry
> any configuration changes that directly point codeina to alternative
> sources since that could potentially lead to contributory infringement
> claims.
>
> Rahul

Thanks for clarifying it Rahul.

I will discuss with other Brazilian Ambassadors how we can offer a
reliable spin to be distributed at FISL and other events. With or
without Codeina we will deliver one more innovation to our users. The
local language spins will be an important step to Fedora adoption.

Regards,
Igor Pires Soares