[Ambassadors] Fedora Belgium

Gerold gerold at lugd.org
Fri Feb 29 16:24:32 UTC 2008

> 2008/2/29, Frederic Hornain <fhornain at gmail.com>:
>> Dear *,
>>
>>  Does someone could explain me what is the procedure in order to create
>>  an official Fedora entity -association- for Belgium as my French or
>>  German friends did ?
>

> First of all there isn't any German entity, but an European (or better
> EMEA) one (for legal reason it was founded in Germany). If you want
> you can join Fedora EMEA (Europe - Middle East - Africa) NPO (No
> Profit Organization), just talk with Fedora EMEA chair to know how to
> do it.
>
> Regards
>
> Francesco
^^
Francesco,

thanks; WELL SPOKEN words in that case. Maybe not all understand the
difference or the work we want to do with founding that non profit
organisation.
The goals from my perspective as an Ambassador are the same without or
with my personal membership in that organisation.

I / we want to help Fedora to spread the word, to support users whereever
they need the helping hand from Fedora, win Linux user to use Fedora,
going forward, improving and getting upstream ....

We as the founder of that organisation don't want to seperate or
dissociate ourself neither than persons nor than Fedora EMEA e.V. from the
Fedora Project, the Ambassador "programm" or from Red Hat. Far from it! We
want to work closer to Red Hat with the real life things, like organising
events together with Red Hat, get "money" to the project because of
everybody can now donate a German association and he is now able to get a
donation receipt for his donation which is also tax reducing, so we have
there a win - win situation ...
So we're trying to share a part of "responsibility" on more shoulders than
only for one main sponsor.

So if you have any more question do not hesitate and contact Fabian
(fabian_a), me (geroldka), Jeroen (kanarip) or Robert (rsc) [as the board
of that organisation] somwhere in a fedora-channel on freenode.

Regards

Gerold