[Ambassadors] idea for *every* event

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Sun Feb 17 18:25:57 UTC 2008

Here is a proposal for two activities that we should have at every
event.  In particular, I'd like to see us do it at FOSDEM, FISL, and
LinuxTag:

(1) A "join Fedora" station.  Somewhere at the booth, there is a
computer or laptop with a sign on it that says "come here to join the
Fedora Project" or something like that.  There is one person whose job
is to talk to folks, get them interested in Fedora, and help them to go
through the CLA and WikiEditing process.  The success metric is simple:
    * Did the person leave having set up their Fedora Wiki homepage?
    * Did the person become a Fedora Ambassador?
    * Does the person have some idea of what they might like to
contribute to Fedora?
    * How many accounts were created at the event?

(2) A "bring us your USB key, and we'll turn it into a Fedora LiveUSB
key for you" station.  Same idea as above.  We have a computer that has
several Fedora Spins on it.  People bring their USB key, and we run the
livecd-iso-to-disk tool and set their USB keys up as Fedora LiveUSB
keys.  Again, the metric is simple:
    * How many were created at the event?

Thoughts or comments?

--Max