[Ambassadors] Resignation from the Ambassadors project.

Gerold Kassube gerold at lugd.org
Tue Jan 15 20:31:49 UTC 2008

Bob,

my best wishes to you! BUt I don't not really understand your mail. It
looks to me that you are NOT satisfied with the last election of FAMSCo
and also not with the leading of FAMSCo.

I interpret your mail as follows:
You think, the FAMSCo is now fully in European hand and nobody else can
do something against that.
My apologize about that issue; EVERYBODY, every Ambassador in this world
has got MORE than 4 (I'm not sure but I think it were SIX) damned weeks
to selfnominate himself and the courage to tell every of this wonderful
over 200 Ambassador why they should vote him!

Approx. 60 have voted, what a pity! In that case I totally agree with
you. But if you go now and send a mail and "warn" about the EMEA
Ambassadors, Bob, thats not really fair.

In the past, we asked more and more for support from the US, have a look
where all the FUDCons are planed and held ...
e.g. Red Hat in Raleigh ....

Oh, I never saw that city Raleigh in europe :-( If we need something we
have to eat humble pie to get something. You "American Ambassadors" are
sitting at the base you get all you need and imho you think: f****
Europe

And thats really not fair!

We try to found a legal entity to support and promote Fedora wherever we
can IN OUR AREA and what shall I say? Do you pay all my time and my
bills when I organise Linuxtag; attend at FOSDEM or elsewhere? Does Red
Hat or Fedora does?
NO mostly NOT! Because we mostly pay our trips, our participation out of
our pocket, that we have to opportunity to pay for FEDORA Posters or
FEDORA Stickers or whatever.

Aaaarghs ...

I don't want to be unfair and I don't want to divert the Fedora world in
diverent camps like you try it with your mail.

WE in Europe want to have our area more supported and helped by Red Hat
and nevertheless if you can't see that point, please stop writing such
mails.

Gerold

EMEA Ambassador with heart and soul