[Ambassadors] Resignation from the Ambassadors project.

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 21:47:00 UTC 2008

> [lots of arguments that I have snipped out]

(1) It is true that the largest FUDCons have taken place in the United
States so far.  I have spent the last two days working with Greg and
Jack to build a plan for the coming year (March 2008 - February 2009)
that will take FUDCon global, and allow us to put on a FUDCon in Europe
on the same level as the one we just had in Raleigh (perhaps even
bigger).  This plan will also allow us to continue to have a large North
American-based FUDCon each year.

We will be submitting this plan up the chain for approval and budget
within the next few days.

(2) Included in this plan is specific goals to reach out in a far more
useful way to our Latin American and Asian communities also.

(3) Bob and the Fedora Unity team do great work for us.  I have
personally given their team significant financial support in the past
year, including bringing them to speak at the Red Hat Summit.  In turn,
they have built software and community that has been good for Fedora.
Our support of Bob and the Fedora Unity team continues -- we brought a
big chunk of them out to FUDCon this past weekend.

(4) Similarly, there can be no debate that the Ambassadors in Europe
have done excellent work.  I was there twice last year, and incredibly
impressed both times.

I am very hopeful that my next job at Red Hat will enable me to work far
more closely with the Ambassadors and Marketing teams than I have in the
past as Fedora Project Leader, because my attention can be more focused
on a few parts of Fedora, rather than being split among all of Fedora.

If there are specific problems with the election that I am not
understanding or aware of, please let me know.

--Max