[Ambassadors] EMEA: Preliminary Statutes

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Sun Jan 20 14:18:33 UTC 2008

red_alert wrote:
> Hi
>
> 5.3: "contribution fee may be 1,000 per year or less"
>
> 1) 1,000 Euro? Or Pound Sterling? US dollars? Peanuts? Please specify :)

You're right, it should specify the currency. Noted.

> 2) wtf, 1,000? isn't that a little too high? or maybe even more than
> just a little... or is there a good reason for that amount?

Like Gerold already suggested too, this is a maximum contribution fee
the NPO can request from it's members, and maximums are often high. I
would not expect to see this maximum reached, ever, but from a legal
point of view the NPO must have /a/ maximum. So you choose one that is
not insanely high, but will also not limit you for many, many years to
come. Money devaluates over time and given that the General Members
Meeting must unanimously agree on raising or lowering this maximum,
having to do so every 5, 10 or even 20 years would become a problem for
any organization.

> I'd say everything else is ok. I'm not good in such things, tho.

Thank you ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip