[Ambassadors] Happy New Year

Arindam Ghosh makghosh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:53:32 UTC 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you

Well I am quite new to the Fedora Ambassadors group. I would like to
introduce myself....it's been a little late due to the holidays :)

So, I am Arindam Ghosh. I live in Durgapur, one of the steel cities of
India. I have been in the opensource world for last couple of years.
Ever since I have been using Fedora. Well, currently I am pursuing my
B.Tech (3rd year) in Computer Science & Engineering from Dr. B. C. Roy
Engineering College, Durgapur. As far as technical skills are
concerned i am quite comfortable with C++, Python & bash scripts.

I have been a part of the Fedora Packaging[1] and Translation groups
for quite some time. I am also an active member of dgplug, Durgapur
and ILUG-Kolkata. I am involved in the 'LTSP implementation in Fedora
7' at Bijra School Project[2] as well, spearheaded by dgplug.  Well, i
also have been in organizing team of the linux installfests, 'day with
fedora' & other lug-events. Notably, the three install fests[3] at
WBUT were the first of their kind in the eastern region of India.

I think there is ample scope of spreading the word of Fedora, Linux &
opensource in my region. I have being doing so whenever i get a
chance. So, I can definitely carry on this good work in
a better way as a Fedora Ambassador

[1] [https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/makghosh]
[2] [http://bijra.dgplug.org]
[http://arindamghosh.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/ltsp-training-wbut/]