[Ambassadors] Axis08 in India

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Jul 23 16:10:11 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, susmit shannigrahi wrote:

> And how can I get few DVD and LiveCD for this event?
> The form for requesting material is closed.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/GetStuff#Material_Request_Policies

Right, that page needs to be removed as soon as possible, because it is
totally old and outdated from a process point of view.

We are trying to follow this model:

FAMSCo allocates budget, and the event organizer takes care of the rest.
In some cases, we have local leaders in place who help with efficiency
by generating a bunch of swag locally and then redistributing it later
on.

The best thing that you can do is think about how many Live CDs or DVDs
you would like, and contact one or two local production companies to you
for quotes, and then let us know what you hear back, so we can factor
that into the budget request.

For India, I would highly recommend contacting Sankarshan and Rahul for
local help in mass-producing CDs and DVDs.  There is a fund of money set
aside specifically for that purpose in India, and they might be able to
make it trivially easy for you to get stuff.

I've cc'd them.

--Max