[Ambassadors] REMINDER: NA Ambassadors Meeting tonight 9pm Eastern

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 14:12:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, David Nalley wrote:

> Just a quick, perhaps annoying, reminder that the North American
> Ambassadors will be holding a meeting tonight (Tuesday)  at 9pm
> Eastern in #fedora-meeting.

This is at 3 AM local time for me, so I won't be able to join, but I
wanted to weigh in a little bit.

One comment on the budget side.  The Aug 1 deadline is for Q3 events
(September - November).  Right now, you guys only have 3 events listed
for North America.  That's fine -- the ones listed are important events,
and there is definitely something to be said for focusing your budget
and energy on a few larger things instead of having a bunch of smaller
stuff.  But if there's more (including maybe 2 or 3 Fedora 10 release
parties) that people want to do, it would be smart to get them on the
page with an owner, or else there won't be any budget guaranteed.

If you simply look at the way that Events page is shaping up for Q3,
there are a lot of events worldwide, so our cushion to fund events that
pop up mid-stream will be much smaller (to maybe non-existent) in Q3.

It's gonna be a tight quarter for funding, and everyone worldwide is
going to need patience with FAMSCo.  ;)

As far as UTOSC specifically -- there is $700 in budget sitting around
left in Q2 for me to get to Clint, and there is another $800 in budget
that will be worked into Q3, also for UTOSC.  So that event is taken
care of.  Keep in mind that $1,500 needs to *include* all of Paul
Frields' costs (minus airfare, which has already been purchased).

--Max